At American Pacific Mortgage, we know that it’s not what you say, but what you do that is important. We serve, because we love our communities– and that’s the reason we founded APMCares.
Our mission is to serve the needs of individuals, families, and communities where we live and work. Encouraging and inspiring our core belief that people matter.
What is APMCares?
The APMCares Foundation was created so we could empower and serve individuals and families in our communities by providing the means for employees and partners to serve through financial and time donations.
In 2017, our distributions to over 21 organizations totaled $117,000. In addition to employee and event fundraising efforts, our employee volunteers served over 2,000 breakfasts to the homeless community in a local private park.
Organizations We Financially Support
What we did last year is just a taste of what APMCares is about. Here is an overview of a few of the projects that we are honored to have been able to donate to in recent months:
- Meals on Wheels: Meals on Wheels assists seniors in maintaining independence by providing nutritious food, human connections, and social support as well as serving other nutritionally at-risk populations. They are committed to their vision of making sure that no senior will go hungry or experience social isolation.
- Habitat for Humanity: Habitat for Humanity partners with families in the U.S. and around the world to build better lives for themselves and their children. They help families in need to build safe and affordable homes. Habitat for Humanity’s neighborhood revitalization work transforms communities into vibrant, safe places to live for current and future residents.
- I’m a Movement Not a Monument: I’m a Movement provides Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday meal and toy programs for underserved children and adults in the skid row area of Los Angeles. They also serve the community throughout the year with meal events, providing tents and sleeping bags, mentoring and afterschool programs, and incentives for good grades.
- Glad Tidings Community Development: The Glad Tidings Evangelism Department provides monthly missions to homeless encampments in Hayward and East Oakland. They visit 3-4 encampments twice monthly providing daily maintenance items such as hygiene, blankets, underwear, and meals. They also provide information on community resources. They work to provide high-quality and well-maintained affordable housing for families and encourage healthy lifestyles.
- Beautiful Soles: Beautiful Soles was created by an everyday mom trying to make the world a little brighter. Their mission is to provides shoes for children in need. Beautiful Soles believes that no child should feel ashamed or in pain because their family can’t afford new shoes.
APMCares will continue finding new ways for our company, employees and partners to give back to the communities we’re a part of and look forward to serving you for many years to come.