Our Star Loan Program is designed for everyday heroes. Teachers, police officers, firefighters and other first responders are our heroes. We think the sacrifice they make day in and day out is worth celebrating, which is why we created out Star Loan Program (STaR).
Our Star Loan Program is a mortgage program that is dedicated to helping save teachers and first responders a little money on their home loans. After all, they do so much each day. It’s the least we can do for them.
How to Qualify
If you are currently a full-time employed teacher, police officer, or firefighter you may be eligible. We can help make the process of obtaining a mortgage a little bit easier.
Each employment type must meet the borrower qualifications as outlined here.
- Teachers: Must hold an appropriate teacher credential and be currently full-time employed in a public/private school.
- Police/Sheriff/CHP: Must be currently employed full time with City, County, or State Law Enforcement.
- Firefighters/First Responders: Must be currently employed full time with the City, County or State.
- Correctional Officers: Must be currently employed full time with City, County, or State Law Enforcement.
Benefits of the Program
By taking advantage of this American Pacific Mortgage specialty program, teachers and first responders can be on their way to owning their own home.
- Qualified teachers and first responders can save up to $500 in reduced lender fees, making it even more affordable to becoming a homeowner.
- Different lender-paid mortgage insurance options are available to help reduce your monthly mortgage expense.
- Combine our specialty program with your down payment assistance, allowing gift funds to be used for 100% of the home purchase down payment.
- Gain peace of mind with a one-time interest rate renegotiation option, if rates improve prior to your closing docs being drawn.
- Available for VA, FHA or Conventional mortgages
We want to celebrate the everyday heroes. If you are a teacher or first responder and are considering purchasing a home, then talk to one of our loan advisors first. We can walk you through our specialty program made just for you and help you get into the home of your dreams.