Gloria joined American Pacific Mortgage in 2015 as Chief Compliance & Risk Officer, after many years’ experience in the mortgage lending industry. At the end of 2019, Gloria turned over the responsibility of Compliance to our current Chief Compliance Officer to concentrate fully on enterprise-wide risk management. Gloria’s expertise ranges from production to compliance, and for the past 27 years her concentration has solely been on managing and directing regulatory compliance for national mortgage banking operations. She has authored numerous fair lending, consumer protection and regulatory compliance training programs and has consulted with lenders to develop their own fair lending training and monitoring programs.
Gloria has become the go-to industry expert on both a local and national level. As a Toastmaster, Gloria is highly sought after by lending institutions, regulatory agencies, REALTOR® and lender trade groups, to provide presentations, workshops, and training on RESPA, ECOA, HMDA, and fair lending guidelines.
Awards & Accolades
- Mortgage Magazine – Woman of the Year (2019)
- National Mortgage Professional Magazine – Mortgage Banking’s Most Powerful Women (2018)
- VIP Woman of the Year Circle for the National Association of Professional Women (NAPW) Inductee (2017-2018)
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Association of Residential Mortgage Regulators (“AARMR”)
- Mortgage Bankers Association (“MBA”)
- California Mortgage Bankers Association (“CMBA”)
- Serves on the MBA State Legislative and Regulatory Compliance and Fraud Committees
Outside of Work
- Family: Gloria has 2 beautiful daughters and 4 terrific grandchildren that she adores
- Favorite book: A Prologue to Love
- Favorite quote: "Don't let perfect get in the way of good"
- Favorite sports team: Dallas Cowboys
- Favorite vacation destination: Belize
- Who is the person who has influenced you the most? My grandmother, she was very wise