Melissa Wright joined American Pacific Mortgage in April 2015 and is responsible for leading both the corporate retail channel and the marketing department. As a member of the executive team, she works strategies at the highest level of the organization related to production, sales and marketing.
Prior to joining APM, Melissa was the President of Axiom Financial, a company she co-built in 1996. She was responsible for the company’s growth, culture, strategies, operations, compliance and overall performance for over 18 years. With the sale to PHH, she also oversaw an initiative to integrate marketing nationwide and has a passion for enhancing many brands’ distinctive identity and market position.
Melissa is a motivated leader with strong interpersonal skills and expertise in building loyal, high performing teams. As a result, she has been recognized as a 7-time winner Best of State and 100 Most Influential Mortgage Executives in America. She believes her highest priority is to care for the company’s core purpose and values, driving excellence, high-performance and service through the organization; which ultimately translates into strong reputation, devoted employees and loyal business associates.
Awards & Accolades
- 100 Most Influential Mortgage Professionals
- Best of State (Mortgage Company) – 7-year winner
- Top 40 under 40
- Top 30 Women in Utah Business
- Most Valuable Partnership Award – 6-year winner
- Brigham Young University | Bachelor of Science
- Principle Lending Manager |National Mortgage License #7287
- Certified Education Instructor | License #3074411
Outside of Work
- Family: I come from a large family and even larger extended family. I have like 42 female second cousins that are my best friends.
- Favorite quote: There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. (Nelson Mandela)
- Favorite hobbies: Hiking, traveling, cooking and building/renovating or designing homes
- Favorite vacation destination: Europe
- Who is the person who has influenced you the most? My grandfather. He was all that is good in the world. He set a very high bar for how to lead and influence people. I miss him every day!