American Pacific Mortgage Vice Chairman Bill Lowman began his career with APM in 2002. Bill served as President from 2004 to 2016 and as CEO from 2016 to 2023, moving to the Vice Chairman role in February 2023. As Vice Chairman, Bill's focus is on APM’s strategic direction, balance sheet and P&L management, key counter-party relationships, M&A activity, and his work on the Board of Directors of the Mortgage Bankers Association and the California Mortgage Bankers Association.
Under Bill’s leadership as CEO, American Pacific Mortgage realized record production, achieved a gender-balanced executive leadership team and helped convert the company to a 49% employee stock ownership plan.
In addition to his career highlights, Bill has been a longtime advocate for the mortgage industry and has held many leadership roles throughout his professional career. Bill served as the Chairman of the California Mortgage Bankers Association (2020–2021), sits on the Board of Directors of the Mortgage Bankers Association, serves on the Residential Board of Governors for MBA, and is part of the Affordable Homeownership Advisory Council tasked with tackling the challenges of affordable housing in our country.
Bill holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with a concentration on finance from the State University of New York at Fredonia.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Chairman of the California Mortgage Bankers Association
- Board of Directors and Residential Board of Governors for the Mortgage Bankers Association
- He has also served on many advisory boards within the industry
- Bill sits on the Board of APMCares
Outside of Work
- Family: Bill is married and has 3 children, 2 step-children and 3 grandchildren
- Favorite sports team: San Francisco Giants
- Favorite destination: Hawaii